Medical assistants support all the medical practices. They not only take care of the patients, but perform other tasks in clinics or hospitals. Medical assistants play a very important role in both administration and patient care departments.
If you are planning your career as a health professional, you must complete a Medical Assistant program from certified schools. You can visit the allenschool.edu (Allen school of health sciences), website to get more details about the program. They offer the top-notch education of health sciences in Jamaica, Queens with over 60 years of experience in training students to become confident medical professionals.
The Top skills needed to be a good medical assistant are
- Good communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proper patient care.
- Organizational skills.
- Scheduling appointments.
If you want to be a medical assistant in any specialized facilities, then you need to have other skills and knowledge which apply to that particular field.
Let’s us now look at what are the roles and responsibilities of a medical assistant
Medical assistants are trained to handle both administrative and clinical duties.
The administrative duties assigned to them include:
- Answering calls
- Welcoming the patients
- Using a PC for certain applications
- Maintaining patients record
- Scheduling appointments with doctors
- Bookkeeping and billing
The clinical duties to be handled are:
- Preparing patients for examination
- Explaining treatment procedures for the patients
- Perform basic lab tests
- Must collect and prepare lab specimens
- Drawing blood from patients
- Removing sutures and changing the dressing of wounded patients
- Taking Electrocardiograms (ECG)
- Assisting physicians during operations
- Instructing patients about the medicines and the diet to be followed
The work setting and schedule of an assistant may have some changes than the above-mentioned roles and responsibilities depending on the employer. The people who work in hospitals may need to work on weekends and also on holidays. Those who work in physician’s office or clinic will be asked to work only for the business hours.
Some factors which have made the medical assistant job in demand are
- Increase in the number of physician clinics and healthcare centers
- Technological advancements
- The growing number of people getting old, who are in the need of medical treatment
Medical assistants make the life of both doctors and patient’s life easier. It is a promising career in the healthcare industry. You don’t need to spend years and years on education to earn good money. A medical assistant is a good career choice for those who intend to earn money by taking care of the patients.
- Advantages Of Hiring A Video Production Company May 21, 2022
- Decoded: Are leadership coaching programs effective? March 23, 2022
- Tips For Choosing The Right Online Learning Korean Program February 14, 2022
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Math Tuition January 25, 2022
- Best Math Tuition in Singapore: The Ultimate Guide December 19, 2021
- Economics: A subject that has always perplexed December 18, 2021
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020